It’s been a really long time since I last posted. I know it’s really uncharacteristic of me. But life has changed so much over the past few months that I’m wondering whether a stable concept like ‘characteristic’ even exists.
My last post was around three months back. The last comment on this blog came about two months back. I’ve written exactly one poem in the past three months. I now own a bike, live in a flat, earn some money, take a bath twice a day, wear formals everyday and shave once in two days. Over the past three months, I gained ten kgs, before shedding four of them.
I’ve been drinking roughly about twice a week, have made three bike trips longer than 150km over the past month, and look forward to many more.
I remained in isolation as a suspect swine flu case for three days.
I once blew up 1500 bucks on booze in a single evening, smoked bong, rode 450km bike in a single day, and twice lifted 30kg in Bench Press.
I’ve quit running.
I fell in love once, but have been forced to remain single. And I’ve figured out that that’s the way it’s gonna be unless something really, really unusual happens.
I’m sitting in office alone, the surrounding average age is in excess of 30 years, I have no idea when the day will start, much less when it will end. And I have decided that letting my blog die wouldn’t be a great idea. I wrote all that came to my mind, and would like a longer comeback post. So here I’m assuming Namrata’s tag and answering some random questions with all the honesty that I’m capable of…
1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
“No dude, not the bed again!”
2. How much cash do you have in your wallet right now?
3. What’s a word that rhymes with DOOR?
4. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone?
5. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone?
No favorites here, but the standard Nokia tune’s been there for a long time now.
6. What are you wearing right now?
A striped formal shirt over a pair of dark pleated trousers and formal shoes.
7. Do you label yourself?
I sometimes try to.
8. Name the brand of the shoes you’re currently owning?
Reebok, Adidas, Gliders
9. Bright or Dark Room?
10. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you?
Namrata. She works on the same floor as me.
11. What does your watch look like?
I don’t own any.
12. What were you doing at midnight last night?
I was asleep.
13. What did your last text message you received on your cell say?
Last night. Daddu asking me how it was like to work.
14. What’s a word that you say a lot?
15. Who told you he/she loved you last? (please exclude spouse , family, children)
I’m yet to open my account here.
16. Last furry thing you touched?
A random teddy bear in… I think Reliance Fresh a few days ago.
17. Favorite age you have been so far?
My Solahwan Saal – (Sixteenth year, class X)
18. What was the last thing you said to someone?
“Excuse me… hi, do you know when Padmini comes in? ”
19. The last song you listened to?
Alvida, last evening, in the office.
20. Where did you live in 1987?
21. Are you jealous of anyone?
Not jealous, but yeah, envious of a lot of people.
22. Is anyone jealous of you?
Would someone be?
23. Name three things that you have on you at all times?
My wallet, my cellphone, my handkerchief.
24. What’s your favorite town/city?
Kasol, followed by Hyderabad.
25. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it?
I think it was a loveletter I wrote to my first crush, way back in class X.
26. Can you change the oil on a car?
Would like to learn how to.
27. Your first love/big crush: what is the last thing you heard about him/her?
That she’s now an Air hostess with Kingfisher Airlines.
28. Does anything hurt on your body right now?
29. What is your current desktop picture?
Bank of America logo.
30. Have you been burnt by love?
PS: Book I’m reading – ‘Audacity of Hope’ by Barack Obama. Wish we had politicians like that in our country, too. And wish I could read more books🙂